Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
Pitt-Greensburg's Gender and Sexuality Alliance is an organization that fosters a comfortable, safe, confidential, and nondiscriminatory atmosphere of awareness and acceptance to all individuals. This club provides University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg's student body with valuable and viable resources such as meetings, events, discussions, and guest speakers, and partnered organizations to help vitalize and establish education and awareness of theLGBTQIA+ community. We work to guarantee that all individuals of the student body at Pitt-Greensburg, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, will be provided with an experience of equality, without prejudice, persecution, or intolerance.
The Pitt-Greensburg Allies Network provides a visible source of support and information for individuals whose sexual or gender identity is underrepresented. While other underrepresented individuals usually can identify role models and mentors, the relative invisibility of sexual and gender diversity makes it more difficult for LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual) members of a university community to figure out where they can safely turn for similar support.
The Allies Network identifies and trains individuals to provide those resources. Upon completion of the training, staff and faculty can choose to take an Allies Network sign for their office wall or door. To find an Allies Network member, look for the rainbow paw print sign! Like on Facebook!
Allies Network Training and educational resources can be accessed here.
The mission of the Pride Alliance at Pitt Bradford is:
- To foster awareness of and sensitivity to the challenges confronting gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer, and heterosexual individuals on the campus and in the community.
- To organize the community for the purpose of supporting, encouraging, and working toward the general welfare, affirmation, and acceptance of all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, or gender expression.
- To educate the university on issues affecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer
- To provide social activities in which people of every lifestyle and background unite together as one.
- To increase the University’s awareness of the amount of support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community is in need of to succeed.
- To provide a safe environment for people who are exploring different lifestyles and those who wish to educate themselves on the issues about these lifestyles.
- Pride Alliance will not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, race, age, national origin, disability, religion, creed, veteran status, or political affiliation.
Learn more about the Pride Alliance.
Pride and LGBTQ History Month
Explore resources at Pitt Bradford related to LGBTQ History Month and Pride.